The book chronicles what inspired Casey to leave her career as a surgeon, co-found Levels, and devote her life to the metabolic health crisis. It’s a clear, step-by-step action plan for optimal metabolic health and glucose control (with learnings from the Levels dataset!).
Readers of Good Energy will get:
- The 13 key blood tests everyone should get – and the optimal ranges to target (that are often very different from official recommendations).
- The 6 principles of good energy eating that apply to any dietary pattern or philosophy, from vegan to carnivore.
- Quizzes to take stock of where there is the most room for optimization of good energy in your own diet and lifestyle.
- 25 good energy habits for metabolic health, and exactly how to implement them in your life.
- 30 good energy recipes with details on how they support metabolic function.
- The wearables, tools, and at-home testing that you can use to understand your body and tailor lifestyle and dietary choices.
- Detailed lists of good energy foods and bad energy foods and how to shop and source for healthy food.
- How to reset your biological clock, which includes a focus on sleep, meal timing, and light exposure.
- Steps to “replenish what modernity took away”– including exercise, temperature exposure, and reducing environmental toxins.
- Lists of non-toxic home care and personal care products and tools that support good energy.
- The ultimate guide to blood sugar stabilization strategies based on research literature and the Levels dataset.
- 15 steps to heal the mindsets and limiting beliefs that undermine optimal metabolism.
The ultimate message is simple: Metabolic health = GOOD ENERGY = The simple answer to achieving incredible health, for ourselves, our children, our parents, and the planet. Be the first to get it by pre-ordering a copy today.
Exclusive Offer — Free Book
Join Levels with an annual membership using this link between February 1–15, 2024, and get a FREE copy of Good Energy sent to your home after its release. Levels members get access to the most advanced CGMs and personalized guidance to build healthy, sustainable habits.
Offer valid from February 1-15, 2024. Offer may only be used by New Customers purchasing an annual membership and cannot be combined with other offers, promotions, or coupons. You will get an email confirming your pre-order of Good Energy within 14 days of purchase; book will arrive after its release May 14.
Praise for Good Energy from Levels advisors
“A tour de force on how metabolism underpins most major diseases and what we can do to feel better and live longer. Everyone will benefit from reading Good Energy.”
—Mark Hyman, MD, 15x NYT bestselling author, senior advisor for Cleveland Clinic for Functional Medicine, founder of The UltraWellness Center
“Part memoir, part manifesto, there isn’t another voice in the zeitgeist as cogent, urgent, and powerful as Casey’s. The gauntlet’s been thrown down — consider yourself warned.”
—Robert H. Lustig, MD, MSL, emeritus professor of pediatrics, UCSF, and author of “Metabolic”
“Good Energy is a life-changing book full of accessible science and practical strategies for metabolically healthy living and blood sugar control. Dr. Means’s book is unique in connecting the dots on diverse aspects of health from the cellular level to the spiritual, and from soil biodiversity to healthcare incentives. Readers will be inspired and empowered by her hopeful message on the key strategies and tools for how to thrive. People at all phases of life benefit from a metabolic framework to feel their best, and Casey paints a clear case for why, and how to achieve it.”
—Sara Gottfried, MD, New York Times bestselling author, and Director of the Precision Medicine Program at the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health at Jefferson Health
“Dr. Casey Means brilliantly illuminates the pivotal role of disturbed metabolism in setting the stage for chronic degenerative diseases and offers a comprehensive roadmap for enhancing and maintaining metabolic health. This book is a must-read for healthcare professionals and individuals alike, seeking to understand and improve their overall health. With her insightful and loving guidance, Dr. Means is handing us the keys to the kingdom, prolonging our healthspan, making this book a game-changing, invaluable resource in our journey towards lasting wellness.”
—David Perlmutter, MD, FACNAuthor, #1 New York Times bestseller, Grain Brain, and Drop Acid
“Good Energy should be required reading for every medical student and healthcare practitioner. As a system and as individuals, we must adopt a metabolic, mitochondria-focused lens for health and vitality. Autoimmunity — along with many other chronic illnesses — is closely tied to metabolic dysfunction and insulin resistance. Foundational to better energy and health outcomes is getting metabolic health and blood sugar under control. Dr. Means shows readers how.”
—Terry Wahls, MD, author of The Wahls Protocol – A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles