Mark Hyman, MD
Mark Hyman, MD, has devoted his life to helping others discover optimal health and address the root causes of chronic disease through the power of Functional Medicine. Dr. Hyman is an internationally recognized leader, speaker, educator, and advocate in the fields of Functional Medicine and nutrition.
He is the founder and director of The UltraWellness Center, the Head of Strategy and Innovation of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine, a fourteen-time New York Times best-selling author, and Board President for Clinical Affairs for The Institute for Functional Medicine. He is the host of one of the leading health podcasts, The Doctor’s Farmacy. Dr. Hyman is a regular medical contributor to several television shows and networks, including CBS This Morning, Today, Good Morning America, The View, and CNN. He is also an advisor and guest co-host on The Dr. Oz Show. Through his work to change policy for the betterment of public health, Dr. Hyman has testified before the Senate Working Group on Health Care Reform on Functional Medicine. He has consulted with the surgeon general on diabetes prevention and participated in the 2009 White House Forum on Prevention and Wellness. Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa nominated Dr. Hyman for the President’s Advisory Group on Prevention, Health Promotion, and Integrative and Public Health.
Additionally, Dr. Hyman has presented at the Clinton Foundation’s Health Matters, Achieving Wellness in Every Generation conference and the Clinton Global Initiative, as well as with the World Economic Forum on global health issues, TEDMED and TEDx. He is the winner of the Linus Pauling Award and the Nantucket Project Award. Dr. Hyman received the Christian Book of the Year Award for his work on The Daniel Plan, a faith-based initiative that helped the Saddleback Church collectively lose 250,000 pounds that he created with Rick Warren, Dr. Mehmet Oz, and Dr. Daniel Amen. He was inducted into the Books for Better Life Hall of Fame.
With Dr. Dean Ornish and Dr. Michael Roizen, Dr. Hyman crafted and helped introduce the Take Back Your Health Act of 2009 to the United States Senate, which promotes reimbursement for lifestyle treatment of chronic disease. With Tim Ryan in 2015, he helped introduce the ENRICH Act into Congress to fund nutrition in medical education. Dr. Hyman plays a substantial role in the major 2014 film Fed Up, produced by Laurie David and Katie Couric, which addresses childhood obesity. Please join him in celebrating the power of food as medicine at www.drhyman.com, follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and listen to his podcast The Doctor’s Farmacy for conversations that matter around health, wellness, food, and politics.
- The Impact of Mercury on Human Health and The Environment
- Differences in Obesity Measures and Selected Comorbidities in Former National Football League Professional Athletes
- Environmental Toxins, Obesity, and Diabetes: An Emerging Risk Factor
- Food Fix How to Save Our Health, Our Economy, Our Communities, and Our Planet--One Bite at a Time
- Food What the Heck Should I Eat?
- The Pegan Diet 21 Practical Principles for Reclaiming Your Health in a Nutritionally Confusing World
- Eat Fat, Get Thin Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health
- The Blood Sugar Solution The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now!
- The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet Cookbook More Than 150 Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Stay Healthy for Life
- The Daniel Plan 40 Days to a Healthier Life
- The Pegan Diet Combine Paleo and Vegan to Stay Fit, Happy and Healthy for Life
- The Daniel Plan Cookbook Healthy Eating for Life
- The UltraMind Solution Fix Your Broken Brain by Healing Your Body First
- The UltraSimple Diet Kick-Start Your Metabolism and Safely Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 7 Days
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook More Than 175 Ultra-Tasty Recipes for Total Health and Weight Loss
- The UltraMetabolism Cookbook 200 Delicious Recipes that Will Turn on Your Fat-Burning DNA
- The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet Activate Your Body's Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast
- Food: What the Heck Should I Cook? More Than 100 Delicious Recipes--Pegan, Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, and More--For Lifelong Health
- Food - WTF - Should I Eat? A No-Nonsense Guide to Achieving Optimal Weight and Lifelong Health
- The Eat Fat, Get Thin Cookbook More Than 175 Delicious Recipes for Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health